Creation of the Five Elements
Traditionally, creation narratives are often divided into three parts. The first part involves the creation of the universe, encompassing the emergence of the five elements – Earth, Water, Fire, Metal, and Wood – that form the very fabric of our existence. The second part focuses on the creation of humanity, exploring our place in the cosmos. And finally, we have the lesser-known “Third Genesis,” which involves consciously creating our own lives—a concept rooted in teachings from diverse sources and an ongoing journey of learning.
The Five Elements and Inner Genesis
Zhineng Qigong helps us to discover ourselves on a very a deep dimension, originating in creation itself.
In the context of Zhineng Qigong and Chinese medicine, the first part of Genesis, dealing with the five elements, offers profound insights. These elements serve as the building blocks of both the universe and our inner selves. Each element embodies distinct qualities and characteristics, which when understood and harmonized, can profoundly affect our well-being.
- Earth: Stability, grounding, and strength, associated with the lower Dantian, our energy center between our kidneys, representing our physical strength and well-being.
- Water: Fluidity, adaptability, and healing, deeply connected to our emotions and subconscious.
- Fire: Energy, motivation, and transformation, the force that propels us forward.
- Metal: Intellect, communication, and freedom, symbolizing knowledge and creativity.
- Wood: Transcendence and interconnectedness, representing the divine essence of consciousness.
The Interplay of the Five Elements
These elements are not isolated; they interact and function within us, constantly moving and balancing to create harmony. This interconnection is known as Hunyuan Qi, a concept at the heart of Zhineng Qigong. It represents the primordial, undifferentiated energy that underlies all existence. When we harness the power of the five elements and align our virtues with this energy, we tap into the wellspring of vitality and healing.
Practical Implications and Integration of the Five Elements with Zhineng Qigong
1. Cultivating Balance and Harmony:
Understanding the generative and controlling cycles of the five elements allows us to actively cultivate balance and harmony within ourselves. This means recognizing when one element is in excess or deficiency and taking practical steps to restore equilibrium. For instance, if you feel overwhelmed by stress and fiery emotions (Fire element), you can balance it by embracing the fluidity and adaptability of the Water element. Through Zhineng Qigong practices, you learn how to harness the elements’ energy and direct it towards inner harmony.
2. Embracing Virtues in Daily Life:
Virtues serve as guiding principles that help us navigate the complexities of life with grace and wisdom. Integrating virtues with the five elements deepens our understanding of how to live virtuously. It’s not just about knowing these principles but embodying them in our actions.
- Water Element: Connected with “Effortless Action” and “Non-Action.” Water’s adaptability and flexibility mirror these virtues.
- Fire Element: Linked to “Benevolence,” “Loving Kindness,” and “Empathy.” These virtues foster compassionate relationships.
- Metal Element: Reflects “Lead,” which represents respect, professionalism, and trust-building in our interactions.
- Wood Element: Relates to “Simplicity” and “Purity,” emphasizing the shedding of artificiality to function purely.
- Earth Element: Involves “Righteousness” and “Moral Integrity.” It focuses on ethical conduct, justice, and analytical thinking.
3. Self-Healing and Empowerment:
One of the most profound practical implications of Zhineng Qigong is the empowerment of self-healing. By understanding the inner workings of the five elements and their relationship with virtues, we gain insights into the causes of imbalances and ailments within our bodies. Through dedicated practice, we learn to activate the body’s innate healing mechanisms, promoting physical health and well-being. We also become more attuned to our emotional states, allowing us to address and heal deep-seated emotional issues.
4. Alignment with the Creation of our Own Lives
By integrating these principles into our lives, we actively participate in the Third Genesis— the conscious creation of our own destinies. We no longer passively drift through life but take an active role in shaping it. We recognize that we are not just physical beings but vessels of immense potential. This recognition empowers us to align our thoughts, intentions, and actions with the greater cosmic order, bringing us closer to our true purpose.
In conclusion, through Zhineng Qigong, we embark on a journey of self-discovery and creation. By understanding the interconnectedness of the five elements, integrating virtues, we not only enhance our well-being but also align ourselves with the profound journey of conscious creation. This holistic approach brings harmony into our lives, supports self-healing and self-realization on a profound level, and allows us to connect with the divine essence of consciousness within the vast universe.
Explore our offer to connect on a deeper level with yourself through Zhineng Qigong and let us support you on your journey to abundant health from deep within. 😊 It doesn’t matter, if you are an absolute beginner or seasoned practitioner, we have something for everyone!
- Would you like to be supported on a regular basis? We offer online weekly sessions which you can join from wherever you are in the world: https://life-changer-worldwide.com/life-changer-in-action
- Ready for a compact 3-week journey to dive deeper into Zhineng Qigong Science? Our next 25hrs Life Changer Program ‘Ancient Wisdom – Zhineng Qigong Level 1’ will start on 1 December: https://life-changer-worldwide.com/product/life-changer-presents-ancient-wisdom-zhineng-qigong-level-1/
- Razmig Azezian (certified Hunyuan Qi Therapist), Third Genesis, International Hunyuan Qi Therapy Meeting, August 2023
- Tiffany Scruggs (certified Hunyuan Qi Therapist), 5 Zang Organs & 5 elements, International Hunyuan Qi Therapy Meeting, August 2022
This blog is a summary of a lecture by Razmig Azezian, a certified Hunyuan Qi Therapist and TCM Expert. To listen to the audio of the full lecture, please submit your details below: